Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Finally in Mexico!

In his first letter from Mexico, Jordan sounded kind of down. The language is really hard to understand and he had a native companion and they couldn't communicate really well. He lost his camera at the airport and he said that he just felt alone. He had a baptism his first day there which was "cool." He even had a girl ask him to marry her.

The next week, Jordan sounded better. He just said that he can't believe how lonely he feels, because he can't communicate with anyone. He had more baptisms. And a little girl he baptized reminded him of Emily Kern. He also got bite by a dog but it just bruised him a little. He also had a guy who wanted to fight him because he was white. But he says, "don't worry he was an old man and I was on a bike." He says, "the people here are crazy. they drive crazy and they love to honk their horns alot."

In his next letter on July 6th, Jordan describes Monterrey a little bit. He says that it is really big with a lot of traffic. None of the houses have air condition and its so hot! "I'm really tan. I stay busy all the time and I hate to break it to ya (he's talking to Mom), but I have another mom and tell Aunt Donna I have another person that spoils me big time. Both are converts. The woman I baptized the first day claims me as here son." "This place is starting to feel like home but it is still hard. This week a gay guy hit on me and we baptized yesterday." He also tells me in my letter that he almost got hit the other day, but not to tell Mom!

In his letter on July 13th, Jordan got a new companion, so Jordan will be the senior companion, since this companion doesn't know the area. And they also had another baptism that week.

I know this is hard to follow, but I am just trying to catch up. I will post his actual letters weekly.

No comments:

Post a Comment